Sunday, September 12, 2010

A Christmas Carol

by Charles Dickens

This is one of my favorite books of all time. Everyone has heard about this story, even if you haven’t read it. The following lines will help you to remember it.

The story is about Ebenezer Scrooge, a grumpy old man, who on the Christmas night is visited by 3 ghosts, who guide him through the past, present and the Christmas Yet to Come. In one night Scrooge’s life and attitude towards Christmas is changed forever.

As I mentioned before, this is the most widely known Dickens book and doesn’t need for introducing with its story anymore. This novella is loved not only by Dickens fans, but every other reader. The story is deeply moving and is very special to me; I like to read it every year at Christmas time to remind myself about the most important things in life. I have also seen the movie version of this story, but the book is so much better. I think it’s richer, deeper and funnier. It’s a wonderful Christmas tale, even if it was written in 1843, it’s timeless. It’s a book for everyone of every age; it will make you a better person.

1 comment: